Twista Roof Ventilators & Whirlybirds
Twista whirlybirds are the ideal solution for keeping your home cool in summer and dry in winter. Because they don't require power to operate they are environmentally friendly and silent - the only thing that you'll notice is that you have a comfortable, healthy home!
Your New Favourite Whirlybird
We have several models of whirlybirds, roof turbines and roof vents and many colours of Twista Roof Ventilators with innovative turbines to choose from, so you'll easily be able to find the right one for you. Keep your home, factory or warehouse cool on even the hottest summer days. Class-leading roof ventilation with hassle-free installation. Call today to find out why our residential whirlybirds offer excellent value for money.
- How Much Heat Does A Whirlybird Extract?
- Do Whirlybirds Save Electricity?
- How Affordable Are Whirlybirds?
- Why Choose Twista Whirlybirds?
- Who Uses Whirlybirds?
- Keep Your House Cool In Summer
- Keep Your House Dry In Winter
Whirlybirds To Keep You Cool In Summer & Dry In Winter
Our whirlybird vents offer a cost-effective means of keeping your home cool on even the most sweltering summer days. Our innovative roof ventilation solutions provide high-performance extraction of heated air from your roof cavity.
- Silent operation
- High-quality construction
- Designed, tested and manufactured in Australia
Whirlybirds are fitted on top of your roof and spin to extract heat from inside the roof of your house. As you well know, heat rises, so this is where all the heat collects in your home. Whirlybirds have fins which start rotating when the wind hits it, causing a vacuum effect that sucks up all the heat and dispels it outside. The beauty of the Twista design is that even if it is a windless day, heat rising from your home creates an upward draft which activates the whirlybird causing it to spin. Twista Whirlybirds use an all-metal construction which is made to last. We choose heavy-duty, all-steel bearings to support the rotating head of the ventilator, which is further supported by eight high-rise ribs. This means that the Twista roof ventilator will last.
There is no definitive answer as it depends on many factors such as the property type, the roofing material, weather temperature, position in respects to the sun and much more. Generally though, a standard roof space traps accumulated heat as the sun beats down onto your roof. This heat radiates down through your ceiling and accounts for around 25% to 35% of the heat gain in summer. Fans just move this heat around but don't get rid of it. Well placed Whirlybirds can expel all of this heat. Think how much electricity is saved in fans or an aircon system. As said before, fans just move the heat around and AC is good but how long after you switch it off does your home become warm again? Whirlybirds really are the best and cheapest long-term solution.
- Smoke & Odour Removal - Seldom talked about benefits of Whirlybirds are smoke and odour removal. It isn't just hot air that goes up through the Whirlybird but also industrial fumes, kitchen odours and cigarette smoke. Leaving your house cleaner and fresher without the need for extractor fans or leaving windows open all the time.
- Reduced Power Costs - During the summer months, your roof space acts as an enormous oven; the sun's rays continually heat the air trapped within it and the temperatures within can often reach 60 degrees Celsius. In extreme weather, the temperature of the air can climb as high as 75 degrees! By removing this trapped hot air your fans and air-conditioning systems do not have to work as hard to cool your home. Thus saving on your utility bills and also helping the 'go green' campaign at the same time.
- Healthier - During winter months, moisture accumulates and can lead to mould, which can cause allergic reactions and respiratory problems. In our bathrooms and kitchens, we usually remove this with the use of extractor fans, which remove steam from the room, keeping it dry. The result, however, is abundant moisture in the roof cavity, and on the ceiling; add to this the condensation that forms with the roof cavity during winter frosts, and you have a perfectly dark, cool, and wet place for mould to flourish. The Twista roof ventilator prevents this build-up of moisture from steam and condensation by removing it as it enters the roof space, resulting in less mould, and a healthier atmosphere in your home!
- No Operation Costs - Once installed, whirlybirds run completely free of cost. The Twista Whirlybird design even runs when there is no wind outside, so 24/7 ventilation.
- Reduced Maintenance Costs - Trapped heat in your ceiling space and dampness in the winter can lead to problems such as, cracking and damage to plaster and paintwork, drying and cracking of electrical wiring, build-up of mildew on ceiling and mould on roofing tiles, corrosion of metal fittings in the attic space and others. By eliminating hot and damp air, these problems can be avoided.
- Increased Productivity - We all know how hard it is to concentrate when you're stuck in a stuffy office or room. Increasing ventilation and allowing cool fresh air to circulate has been proven to increase productivity in the workplace.
Most whirlybirds only work when it is windy. They need a breeze to get the turbines moving. At Twista, we felt this was a bit useless as the times when it's hottest are usually when there is no wind. Gabriel Andrews came up with a unique design in 1999 that allows the Twista Whirlybird to work off rising heat from your home. This enables your whirlybird to work all year round regardless of the weather conditions. Also, the Twista Whirlybird is 100% waterproof and the blades are designed to deflect the rain, as well as being silent.
On top of that the unique Twista Whirlybird has a 420mm diameter size compared to many other roof ventilators that are only 300mm in diameter, the extra size of the Twista - 97% bigger in fact - means that it can shift the heat from your roof much more effectively. Don't look elsewhere for cheap alternatives, contact our friendly team today to discuss your needs and get a free quote.
RISING ENERGY COSTS
According to reneweconomy.com.au 'Electricity prices across much of Australia’s main grid rose to record highs in the first quarter of 2019, the Australian Energy Market Operator notes in its latest quarterly report, and it puts the blame on the record heatwave, rising coal and gas costs, and the rising cost of hydro power because of the drought.' This is a trend that is expected to increase in the future.
The Guardian said, 'The Grattan Institute says wholesale electricity prices rose across the National Electricity Market by 130% on average between 2015 and 2017, with household bills in some states increasing by up to 20% in 2017 alone.'
No doubt you've been feeling the rising electricity prices lately! Whirlybirds are the perfect solution to reduce your electricity bills. To find out more information as to why Twista Whirlybirds are unique, give us a call on 1300 888 151 today and find out why more and more people across Queensland and NSW are getting Twista Whirlybird ventilators installed.
Whirlybirds are used by small homeowners to large commercial buildings. The beauty of them is that they are easy to install, require no maintenance and the benefits can be felt immediately.
Budget whirlybirds can be picked up for less than $100 nowadays and even as low as $60. However, beware of cheap whirlybirds as the saying, 'you get what you pay for ', definitely applies here. Cheap whirlybirds are notorious for leaking and breaking down. Due to the inferior materials and bearings used they require a lot of maintenance and repair, especially when punished by the NSW weather. Our Twista Whilrybirds are the best value for money whirlybirds available in Australia.
We've all seen electricity prices rise over the past couple of years, with 2017 seeing Australia as having the highest energy prices in the world! Many reports state they rose to record highs in the first quarter of 2019 and this trend is expected to continue in the future. The states with the highest electricity rates are South Australia, NSW, Queensland and Victoria. With the government's new price-capping regulations announced in February 2019, many are wondering how to find better ways to decrease their energy bills.
Come and read about our article about "Are Whirlybirds Worth It" to find out more!